THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST
JESUS IS YAHWEH, THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD
I. Who created the heavens and the earth?
1. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament
shows His handiwork.
3. Psalms 33:6 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all
the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
1. John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with
God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things
were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
2. Colossians 1:13-17 He has delivered us from the power of darkness
and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we
have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the
image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by
Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible
and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all
things, and in Him all things consist.
3. Hebrews 1:3-10 who being the brightness of His glory and the express
image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power,
when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the
Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He
has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For to which
of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"?
And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"? 6
But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all
the angels of God worship Him." 7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes
His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire." 8 But to the Son
He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness
is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated
lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of
gladness more than Your companions." 10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning
laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your
II. Who is God?
1. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is
2. John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the
only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
3. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God
and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
4. Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant
whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that
I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
5. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given
us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him
who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal
2. Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever
and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince
III. Who is the Lord of lords?
1. Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord
of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor
takes a bribe.
2. Psalms 136:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for
his mercy endureth for ever. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for
his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for
his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for
his mercy endureth for ever.
1. Revelation 17:14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb
will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those
who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."
IV. Who is the Savior?
1. Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no
2. 1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God
3. Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
1. Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing
of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
2. 2 Peter 1:11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly
into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
3. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent
the Son as Savior of the world.
V. Who is I AM?
1. Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said,
"Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
1. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before
Abraham was, I AM."
VI. Who is the Holy One?
1. Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of
Israel: "I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you
by the way you should go.
2. Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel
is our king.
3. Isaiah 43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel,
4. Isaiah 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant
of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more
again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the
Holy One of Israel, in truth.
5. Isaiah 17:7 At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes
shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
6. Isaiah 29:19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD,
and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
1. Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou
Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art,
the Holy One of God.
2. Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt
thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
3. Acts 3:14-15 "But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked
for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 "and killed the Prince of life,
whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.
VII. Who is the Shepherd?
1. Psalms 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall
2. Ezekiel 34:11-12 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I,
will both search my sheep, and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeketh
out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered;
so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where
they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
1. Matthew 25:31-32 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and
all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his
glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate
them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
2. John 10:11,14 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his
life for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am
known of mine.
VII. Who raised Jesus from the dead?
1. Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus
and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will
1. John 2:19 Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple,
and in three days I will raise it up."
VIII. Who shed His blood for the church?
1. Acts 20:28 "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock,
among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church
of God which He purchased with His own blood.
1. 1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb
without blemish and without spot.
2. Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people
with His own blood, suffered outside the gate.
3. Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the
forgiveness of sins.
IX. Who is to be worshipped?
1. Exodus 34:14 '(for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD,
whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),
2. Deuteronomy 30:16-17 "in that I command you today to love the LORD
your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes,
and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God
will bless you in the land which you go to possess. 17 "But if your heart
turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other
gods and serve them,
3. 2 Chronicles 7:19 "But if you turn away and forsake My statutes
and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other
gods, and worship them,
4. Matthew 4:9-10 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give
You if You will fall down and worship me." 10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away
with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God,
and Him only you shall serve.'"
1. Matthew 2:2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the
Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
2. Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world,
He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
3. John 9:35-38 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He
had found him, He said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" 36 He
answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 And
Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking
with you." 38 Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshipped Him.
1. Acts 10:25-26 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell
down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying,
"Stand up; I myself am also a man."
C. Who is not to be worshipped?
2. Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said
to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your
brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony
of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
3. Revelation 22:8-9 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when
I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who
showed me these things. 9 Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that.
For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of
those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
X. Who is the First and the Last?
1. Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer
the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there
is no God.
2. Revelation 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and
Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst
of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall
inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
1. Revelation 1:10-18 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard
behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega,
the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send
it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna,
and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia,
and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me.
And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst
of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a
garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his
eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as
if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went
a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his
strength. 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid
his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the
last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for
evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
2. Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
XI. Who is the Husband?
1. Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for
I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a
family, and I will bring you to Zion:
2. Jeremiah 3:20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her
husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith
3. Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their
fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the
land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband
unto them, saith the LORD:
4. Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is
his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole
earth shall he be called.
1. Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the
law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to
him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto
2. 2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy:
for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
virgin to Christ.
3. Ephesians 5:22-33
4. Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which
had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me,
saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
XII. Who is the Rock?
1. Deuteronomy 32:3-4 Because I will publish the name of the LORD:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God. 4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:
for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just
and right is he.
2. 1 Samuel 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside
thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
3. 2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress,
and my deliverer;
4. 2 Samuel 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock,
save our God?
5. Psalms 28:1 A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock;
be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them
that go down into the pit.
6. Psalms 42:9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten
me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
7. Psalms 62:1-2 To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2 He only
is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
8. Psalms 62:6-7 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence;
I shall not be moved. 7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of
my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
1. Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and
upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not
prevail against it.
2. Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone
and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for
they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was
XIII. Who is the King of Israel?
1. Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer
the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there
is no God.
2. Zephaniah 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast
out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of
thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
1. Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be
the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe
2. Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross,
that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled
3. John 1:48-49 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus
answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast
under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him,
Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
4. John 12:12-15 On the next day much people that were come to the
feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 Took branches
of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed
is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus,
when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not,
daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.
5. Matthew 27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor
asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him,
6. Matthew 27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they
put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the
knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
7. John 19:19-21 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross.
And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20 This title
then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was
nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21
Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King
of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
XIV. Who is the King of the earth?
1. Psalms 47:2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King
over all the earth.
2. Psalms 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises
3. Jeremiah 10:6-7 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD;
thou art great, and thy name is great in might. 7 Who would not fear thee,
O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all
the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like
4. Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the
kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints
of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions
shall serve and obey him.
5. Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in
that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
6. Zechariah 14:16-17 And it shall come to pass, that every one that
is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up
from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the
feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of
all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD
of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
7. 2 Thessalonians 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment
of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which
ye also suffer:
8. Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness,
and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
9. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not
inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters,
nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners,
shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1. Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean
person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the
kingdom of Christ and of God.
2. Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
3. 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus
Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his
4. Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for
ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
5. 2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly
into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
6. Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in
tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the
isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony
of Jesus Christ.
7. Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great
voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms
of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Ephesians
4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism)
a. Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might
grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our
b. Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did
unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could
c. Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus
Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
XV. Who is the King of kings?
1. Daniel 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth
it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer
of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.
1. 1 Timothy 6:14-15 That thou keep this commandment without spot,
unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in
his times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King
of kings, and Lord of lords;
2. Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb
shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they
that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
3. Revelation 19:13-16 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in
blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which
were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white
and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he
should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and
he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF
KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
XVI. Who is the true God?
1. Jeremiah 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God,
and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the
nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
2. John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the
only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
1. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given
us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him
that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal
XVII. To Whom is glory to be given?
1. Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I
not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
2. Isaiah 48:11 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do
it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto
3. Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart,
to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a
curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them
already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
4. Revelation 7:9-12 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude,
which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and
tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white
robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying,
Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders
and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped
God, 12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving,
and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
5. Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth,
and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with
a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment
is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and
the fountains of waters.
1. Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man
shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones,
judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
2. Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all
the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
3. Luke 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy
4. Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the
dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood
of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to
do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through
Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
5. 2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord
and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
6. Revelation 5:11-12 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels
round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of
them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive
power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and
A. John 5:21-23 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth
them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth
no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should
honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the
Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
XVIII. Are we to honor the Son just as we honor the Father?
B. John 12:44-45 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth
not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that
C. John 10:27-33 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave
them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my
Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones
again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed
you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews
answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy;
and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
D. John 14:7-9 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:
and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto
him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto
him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me,
Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou
then, Show us the Father?
1. Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake
in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days
spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by
whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory,
and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word
of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the Majesty on high;
A. Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD (Yahweh),
"That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign
and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. 6 In
His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is
His name by which He will be called: THE LORD (Yahweh) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
XIX. Is Jesus Yahweh (Jehovah)?
A. Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold,
the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel
im-maw-noo-ale'; from H5973 and H410 with suff. pron. ins.; with us (is)
XX. Is Jesus God with us?
A. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of
godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen
of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received
up into glory.
XXI. Was God manifest in the flesh?
A. John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because
he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father,
making himself equal with God.
XXII. Is Jesus equal with God?
A. John 20:24-29 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was
not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto
him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in
his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the
nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after
eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then
came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace
be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold
my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be
not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him,
My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast
seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet
XXIII. Are we to address Jesus as God?
XXIV. Unto Whom will every knee bow?
1. Isaiah 45:21-23 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take
counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told
it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside
me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me,
and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is
none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth
in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear.
1. Philippians 2:10-11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should
bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the
glory of God the Father.
XXV. For Whom was the way prepared by John the Baptist?
1. Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare
the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his
temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold,
he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare
ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
3. Matthew 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send
my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
XXVI. Who rewards every man according to their works?
1. Psalms 62:11-12 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this;
that power belongeth unto God. 12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy:
for thou renderest to every man according to his work.
2. Isaiah 40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and
his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work
3. Psalms 54:4-5 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them
that uphold my soul. 5 He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them
off in thy truth.
4. Psalms 94:1-2 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to
whom vengeance belongeth, show thyself. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of
the earth: render a reward to the proud.
5. Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the
world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold,
his reward is with him, and his work before him.
1. Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward
is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha
and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
2. Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his
Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to
his works. 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which
shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
XXVII. Who is the Light?
1. Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will
enlighten my darkness.
2. Psalms 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I
3. Psalms 36:7-9 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore
the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They
shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt
make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. 9 For with thee is the fountain
of life: in thy light shall we see light.
4. Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light
of the LORD.
5. Isaiah 60:19-20 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither
for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall
be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. 20 Thy sun shall
no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall
be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
6. Micah 7:8-9 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I
shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
9 I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against
him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring
me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
1. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with
God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that
was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
2. John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light
of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall
have the light of life.
3. John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
A. Luke 8:38-39 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought
him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return
to thine own house, and show how great things God hath done unto thee.
And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great
things Jesus had done unto him.
XXIII. Go tell them what great things God has done.
/ KOSG Home